[c-nsp] Tunnel a VLAN across the WAN?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jan 3 11:59:13 EST 2008

Is there a way using 3750's to tunnel a VLAN across my WAN?  The
people that run the cafeterias are installing cash registers on two
different campuses that supposedly need to be on the same L2 VLAN.
AFAIK they are only running IP but I may be wrong on that.  I have
3750's on either end that can terminate the tunnels.  I've never done
anything like this so I'm not sure what to search for (the search
terms that occurred to me didn't result in anything that looked
useful).  Yes, I know it's a bit of a silly idea but I didn't choose
the cash registers and they just dropped this in my lap five minutes
ago and wanted it done ASAP :(.

Jeff