[c-nsp] Non-cisco product integration into CISCO

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Fri Jan 4 03:26:54 EST 2008

On 04/01/2008, at 6:38 PM, Dracul wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone tried to integrate a non-cisco product using the standard
> dot1.qinto a cisco VLAN config?
> I am trying to integrate an AMINO STB (used for iptv) to a cisco
> dot1.qtrunk. any thoughts on this?
>
> regards,
> chris

Im sure theres at least one person that has connected a non Cisco
device to a Cisco switch and trunked VLANs between the two, the
networking world is a big place after all. ;-)

dot1q is a standard, an open standard at that, so compatability
*should* be more than guaranteed, unless someone doesnt conform to
said standard.

If you cant get it working, its likely configuration related. Can you
show us what your configuration looks like, and perhaps we can point
something out that doesnt look right, or advise you where youve gone
wrong.