[c-nsp] Classful subnetting (was: Current CCNA tests)

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jan 9 13:40:16 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 16:32 +0000, Marko Milivojevic wrote:
<snip>
> Windows still doesn't like being
>  assigned .0 and .255 as an IP address. Plenty of applications out
>  there are way too confused with these to make them useful.

Even though I'd love to bash Windows I really can't think they have any
problems with a 0 or 255 value in an octet. Good old class A and B
networks (sorry Gert!) have always had lots of host-addresses where the
last octet would be 0 or 255. Having all bits zero or all bits one in
the host address is (still) illegal, but having an octet all zeros is
not necessarily wrong.

But we digress. :-)

Regards,
Peter