[c-nsp] [OT] Driving 1310nm optics through 1550nm circulators

W. Kevin Hunt khunt at huntbrothers.com
Wed Jan 9 19:53:24 EST 2008

We have used circulators to save thousands / month, I began building them
using oem fiber parts about 18 months ago.
I never put 1310 in production, but it worked in the lab.
At 1550 they just work, we keep a spare tested set on the shelf for
emergencies.
You can also now purchase bi-direction gbics/sfp btw...