[c-nsp] Cat6500 IPSec/FWSM - IP Migration

Steve Wright lists at visp.me.uk
Fri Jan 11 07:05:09 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm looking for some guidance as to an issue I seem to be hitting which has
be a little stumped.

I have a Cat6500 with IPSec SPA and am currently having to migrate to some
new IP address (the joys!) however need to be able to do this in a somewhat
controlled manner

I have the external int's tied to vlan 8 which is where the current VPN's
terminate on a HSRP address of 192.168.1.1 for example. This is cross
connected to vlan 10

Now, the way I am approaching this is to create a new vlan however, I'm not
sure if this is the best method?

I can bring up tunnels to the new VLAN, however traffic flow seems to be
slightly more awkward the more I think about this.. as a visual
representation I think the flow should be like this in the existing form:

Internet

Int G1/1 (vlan 8)

VLAN 8

IPSec Module

VLAN 10

Then off to the FWSM for other processing.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,