[c-nsp] Cheapening the value of a CCIE

Scott Keoseyan scott at labyrinth.org
Mon Jan 14 20:20:01 EST 2008

http://www.rentacert.com/

Takes the cheapening to a whole new level...

It appears, however, that someone has shown them the error of their ways
and they are no longer enticing people to sell their certifications and
are now focused on tech-placement.  When I saw this site a few months
ago, they were paying a lot of money (up to $1000 US per month if I
remember right) for certain certs, including CCIE.  There's a note on
the main page about "What happened to our rental certification program".

I seem to remember some rules that Cisco maintained about transferring
your cert centered around frequency and time between.  Like, you
couldn't simply hop from one company to the next without there being a
gap of some kind, but I guess they did away with those rules.

Scott Keoseyan
CCIE #5885