[c-nsp] SSO with ISIS NSF (IETF vs Cisco)

Atif Sid guru6111 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 11:20:07 EST 2008

Ok. and this was what I exptected but testing shows that when I use IETF
mode and failover it takes ~ 30 sec  + to  repair while in Cisco mode it can
converge in 8 seconds.

Here is a test:

3 routers: cisco 12410/PRP, IOS: 12.0(32)SY3

P1 --> P2 --> P3

* Pinging from p1 to p3 with timout set to 1 sec , all three routers are in
NSF Cisco.
* force a RP failover on P2,

P1#ping
Protocol [ip]:
Target IP address: p3
Repeat count [5]: 10000
Datagram size [100]:
Timeout in seconds [2]: 1
Extended commands [n]:
Sweep range of sizes [n]:
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 10000, 100-byte ICMP Echos to x.x.x.x, timeout is 1 seconds:

Success rate is 99 percent (9992/10000), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/4 ms
P1#