[c-nsp] Router suggestions for a colocation setup?

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at hotblack.net
Wed Jan 16 20:26:17 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm looking into a router for a client who is currently running about
20Mbit/sec via a Linux box.  They were looking at a 2801 but I feel this
might be a bit gutless for the task...

They will need 4 FE interfaces in total, one connecting to a peering
network, one to their primary link and two links to two colocation server
rack switches.

They will be doing around 20Mbit/sec on each of the two links in the near
future.  The original plan that was suggested to me was a 2801 with an
HWIC-4ESW but I'm not certain on the SVI performance of the 2800/3800
series.

Would it be better to look at a 7206 non-VXR with an NPE-200 and some FE PAs
instead?  They are not too concerned about support at this stage.

Thanks.
Tristan.