[c-nsp] Fwd: QoS Policing Upstream - Update!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jan 17 01:39:43 EST 2008

Looks like we found what we were looking for:

- QPPB

Cheers,

Mark.

Subject: QoS Policing Upstream
Date: Thursday 17 January 2008 11:45
From: Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net>
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net

Hello all.

We are trying to find a clever, scalable way to police
customer upstream traffic (inbound into PE router from the
CE router) if the destination is to a specific set of
prefixes behind one or more routers.

Matching an ACL that defines destination prefixes is not an
option as the upstream routers present multiple, dynamic
prefixes, rendering this a non-scalable choice.

We could also (re)mark inbound packets from the customer's
CE router and then identify and police them on the upstream
routers. However, we are trying to avoid "touching" packets
on the upstream routers.

We have thought up other methods this could be done in IOS,
but uncertain whether they would supported as any kind of
feature (set).

Is there a clever way of achieving this on the PE router?

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.