[c-nsp] cisco 3560 layer3 performance

Chris Phillips cphillips at wbsconnect.com
Mon Jan 21 23:54:27 EST 2008

Mark Kent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a cisco 3560 (WS-C3560G-48TS-S) pulling in
> (80Mbs, 6500pps) on one switch port, and sending it
> out a trunk... cpu load is 5%.
>
> Another cisco 3560, pulling in that same traffic on a trunk and
> sending it out a layer3 point-to-point gigE is running at 70 to 80%
> (cpu hog is "IP Input").

What IOS version are you running?

--
Chris Phillips
Senior Network Engineer
cphillips at wbsconnect.com
(866) WBS-CONX
(720) 259-8361 - direct
(303) 968-4383 - mobile

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 USCA 2510. This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated recipient(s). The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email at cphillips at wbsconnect.com or by telephone at 866-927-2669 and delete all copies of this communication, including attachments, without reading them -or saving them to disk.