[c-nsp] cisco 3560 layer3 performance

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Tue Jan 22 03:00:16 EST 2008

Check out this thread
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2007-May/040374.html
I had a similar issue with a 3750, the cause was "redirected" traffic
Even though ip redirects were disabled on the vlan interface they were being punted to the cpu and then dropped.
Try a
3750E-Jenner#sh controller cpu-interface  | i icmp
icmp              1886230815 0          0          0          0
3750E-Jenner#sh controller cpu-interface  | i icmp
icmp              1886236301 0          0          0          0
3750E-Jenner#sh controller cpu-interface  | i icmp
icmp              1886239093 0          0          0          0
To see if thet are increasing.
The only way I was able to resolve this was by moving the traffic so that it was routed between two seperate interfaces.

Regards
Brian