[c-nsp] RTBH - anyone using this?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Tue Jan 22 22:17:49 EST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 2:15 AM, Drew Weaver wrote:

> Question: There is simply no reason to be exporting the routes from
> the edge routers to the triggers if I am reading this document
> correctly. Rather than using prefix or filter lists, is there a
> handy way to make the edge routers not send routes to the trigger
> server (using a command in that peer-group?)

I set up outgoing prefix-lists on the edge routers so that no routes
are sent down, and incoming prefix-lists on the trigger, too, just to
be sure.

> The issue I am having is kind of strange and I’ve never ran across
> it before like many of my issues…..

I always set local-pref on routes received from the trigger to be
high, and they end up being the preferred routes for the prefixes in
question, which ends up triggering the recursive lookup to null0 and
thus the packet drops.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

            -- Ford Motor Company