[c-nsp] Differences between WS-C3750G & WS-C4948-E

Matthew Crocker mcrocker at crocker.com
Fri Jan 25 14:29:33 EST 2008

Ok, thanks everyone for your help.  I'm getting there.

If I assign IPs directly to the interfaces I won't use SVIs so the
switch shouldn't have a problem with what I'm doing.

Looking at pricing now, the WS-C3750G-48TS-E is $5k more than a WS-
C4948-E.    The 3750 has StackWise, the 4948 has redundant power + hot
swap fans.   I can't find any datasheets on the 4948, everything on
the cisco website is from 3 years ago.  Is it still a viable switch?
I see that it is based on the 4500 series so that is nice.   Anyone
know the difference between a 3750G and a 4948?