[c-nsp] CRS-1 too complicated?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sat Jan 26 09:40:19 EST 2008

kevin gannon wrote:
> Also physical installation needs careful planning for the 16 slot kit
> at least in one installation we did the floor needed extra metal work
> to support the weight. Also getting there through doors and up ramps
> can be interesting. We spoke to someone from CA about the physical
> bits but there was no charge for that it was a half hour meeting and
> a show around a lab they had built just giving us there personal
> experiences.

There was whole session on Networkers dedicated to real-life stories
about running the CRS-1 up. Everything up from ordering to physically
installing it in the building was covered by some Cisco guy that did
that along with partner ("don't turn the box upside down!").

As far as CA story (actually - Professional Services as they called
now) goes - IOS-XR that runs CRS-1 falls under Cisco ATP program[1].
Partner that sells the hardware to you must be either ATP certified
or needs to call CA/PS for installation. They're involved into the
process to not let the customer down when partner knowledge or
experience puts the whole deal at risk. That's all, no hidden magic
here. Hope that clears the confusion.

1.http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/pr0/partners_pgm_concept_home.html#iosxr

--
"Don't expect me to cry for all the     |               Łukasz Bromirski
  reasons you had to die" -- Kurt Cobain |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net