[c-nsp] S/W for ASA 5550

christian christian at 0x1f.com
Sun Jan 27 15:55:15 EST 2008

Hi Peter,

I've been running 7.2(3) in a production network terminating around 10 l2l
vpn tunnels, ravpn, and passing about 90+mbps of traffic consistently since
october..i've found no issues at all lately,stability seems to be great so
far for an ED release.

I've also just deployed 8.0(3) in a lab environment passing about 10+mbps of
traffic, with a couple tunnels and ravpn/webpvn doing testing

thus far, 8.0 brings some great new features like the new extensons for
debugging crypto , ssl for syslog connections, and renaming acl's

not sure how the 5580's compare, i havent really looked into them much yet,
but pricing is around 50k for the 5580-20 and 100k for the 5580-40 i THINK