[c-nsp] Nexus 7000

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Jan 29 15:48:46 EST 2008

Peter Lothberg wrote:
> You don't need MPLS to do this, any encpsulation works. For example
> there are large world_wide deployments providing this using L2TPv3 as
> transport.

L2TPv3 could be interesting.  I don't know if it would be the optimal
way to accomplish what one could do with MPLS VPNs but I'm always game
to trying.

> MPLS is old school, it limits you to be in your own MPLS-fishball
> network.

I was sitting in a meeting a year and a half ago when an engineer from
Pannaway said that MPLS was a dying technology.  Of course he also said
that he saw no problem for use to use static routing in our SP network
and that QoS wasn't needed to support our VoIP deployment across our
network if our links weren't saturated...  I think he could have
confused Confucius.

Justin