[c-nsp] 12410 or 7690-S for BGP transits

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:56:55 EST 2008

MAC accounting is nice but given the price difference, sampled
(fudged) Netflow would have to suffice for me.   If the router-type
Ethernet ports were 2x as expensive, then there is a compelling
argument, but when they are at least 10x the cost and you don't need
the features, it's hard to justify.

I have run into instances lately where vendors that aren't C or J have
severely discounted traditional router GigE ports, because they can't
compete with what C and J offer with the MX series and the 76xx...

Phil