[c-nsp] OAM pings on 3662 with NM-1A-T3 and a 7100 question

james edwards lists.james.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 12:56:52 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 12:19 PM, Rick Kunkel <kunkel at w-link.net> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for online...
>
> Does anyone know if OAM pings are a supported comand in any IOS when using
> a 3662 and a NM-1A-T3?  I'm running 12.3(22) now.
>
> Our 7200 supports it with a different module, at much lower IOS versions,
> and it's frustrating to not have this ability with the 3662.
> <http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/>

It is hit or miss for OAM PING and the feature navigator gives questionable
information for this feature, it does not seem to really know if it exists
or not. (Feature Navigator says an IOS has it
or does not have it. Wrong.) I agree, it is a very useful feature. Very
useful debugging DSL and provider issues and with ATM in general.

--
James H. Edwards
Senior Network Systems Administrator
jedwards at nmcourts.gov