[c-nsp] Nexus 7000

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Thu Jan 31 19:57:13 EST 2008

Being developed from SAN-OS or an MDS still doesn't make it either.
Similar reliability "might" be there, but I wouldn't be convinced until
there is some proof it provides a that level of stability and ability.

With a 4:1 over subscription on the card I saw, I don't know that it
would be my immediate answer to 10G aggregation.

Tom Sands
Chief Network Engineer
Rackspace

Colin McNamara wrote:
> Yes, you have extreme reliability that is comes from San-os, but even
> with the MDS you always go with an A and B fabric.
>
> This chassis is basically a core replacement, and an answer to the 10Gig
> aggregation problems that are starting to pop up with blade centers and
> high end vmware installations.  I do not think that the increased
> reliability will drive a general design change from dual to single core
> on a network of any decent size.

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.