[c-nsp] PA-MC-T3 Error

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Jul 2 00:19:07 EDT 2008

Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
> I am getting the following on a new cT3 from a provider into a PA-MC-T3.
>  I think it indicates that there is an issue on their end, but they say
> I have a config issue.  Can anybody confirm or deny if this points to an
> issue on my end, or if it is their end?  I have other DS3's into other
> equipment and there really isn't much to set, so I think it is their
> issue.  When they do a loopback to me, I see it come up.

Does the other side come up with a hard loop (co-ax jumper) from you?

> 7204VXR#sh contr t3 3/0

>   Transmitter is sending remote alarm.

You are sending to the other end an indication that you are receiving an
alarm from the other side.

>   Receiver is getting AIS.

The other end is sending you a signal that it is seeing all 1 bits from
you, unframed.

>   Framing is M23, Line Code is B3ZS, Clock Source is Line

Make sure that the other side is set similarly, B3ZS and M23 (some
equipment may have this as M13).

Make sure that neither side has the TX and RX co-ax cables swapped.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net