[c-nsp] Default-Information Originate

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 04:34:19 EDT 2008

I used to think that I had a handle on when the default information
originate command was needed, but I have recently seen working config.
that pokes a finger in my eye of understanding, where some bad Ciscco
document caused further blurring; and so some questions

- Should the default-information originate command be needed within
BGP configuration of a router to cause a default route that has been
learnt from an eBGP peer to be advertised by this router to its iBGP
peers?

- Similarly, should this command be needed to cause a default route
that has been learnt from an iBGP peer to be advertised by the router
to an eBGP peer?

Ta.

Michael.