[c-nsp] IPv6 Migration with ISIS (was Route Reflector Design)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jul 4 01:41:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Vinny Abello wrote:

> While on this topic, if anyone has figured out a non-disruptive strategy
> to deploying IPv6 in a core with a mix of Cisco and Foundry routers
> running ISIS, any pointers would be appreciated. Foundry currently

We had multitopology problems between platforms/vendors as well, we ended
up "solving" the issue by using OSPFv3 as IPv6 IGP (and ISIS for
IPv4/VPNv4), this gave us a completely different control plane for IPv6
and pretty much guaranteed to be non-intrusive to devices not running IPv6
or needing the information.

Multitopology ISIS is a great idea and I would really like to run it, but
it just didn't work with our mix of platforms and vendors.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se