[c-nsp] IPv6 Migration with ISIS (was Route Reflector Design)

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Jul 4 10:25:56 EDT 2008

Thanks Mikael. I hadn't considered running OSPFv3 for IPv6. I'll have to see if that is a viable possibility in our network. Did you run into any challenges in doing this such as administrative distances of the routing protocols and things defaulting to using IPv6 instead of IPv4 or other unexpected results? In theory if you're only doing the IPv6 address family, I wouldn't expect any problems, but firsthand experience is always better than theory. :) By the way, what other vendor's or vendors' equipment were you working with besides Cisco where you had the same ISIS multi-topology challenges?

-Vinny