[c-nsp] Telnet FROM a PIX Appliance?

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Jul 4 11:12:18 EDT 2008

Ahh, I just found indeed this is true.

"Beginning with version PIX OS version 8.x, the codes diverge, with the ASA using a Linux kernel and PIX continuing to use the traditional Finesse/PIX OS combination."

This is taken from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_ASA_5500_Series_Adaptive_Security_Appliances

With references to Cisco's open source licensing in 8.x on the ASA.

-Vinny