[c-nsp] SPAN issue Between Extreme and Cisco (3560 G) Switch

Golam Md. Mustafa Bhuyan CN Networks golam.mustafa at grameenphone.com
Tue Jul 8 04:14:59 EDT 2008

> i'm not TAC & don't take what i say as a "formal" reply.  TAC will
> presumably also be getting back to you.

I understand and I appreciate your helping mind:)

> there are a few things that i can think might be a possible cause:
>
> 1. per

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/relea
se
> /12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swspan.html
> make sure the destination SPAN port doesn't belong tin a SPAN source
VLAN.
It might be what we were missing.
We will share our feedback, as we did not put source and destination
ports
in different VLAN.

> it isn't clear if you're running a .1q trunk between the switches or
if
> the source is an 'access' port.

We have configured dot1q trunk link
> 2. you've explicitly configured some jumbo frames on both switches.
are
> you attempting to SPAN frames >1524 bytes on a 10/100 interface?

Yes, But it's Gigabit port.

> cheers,
>
> lincoln.
Cheers,