[c-nsp] High temperatures on cisco 6504-E chassis

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Thu Jul 10 08:14:58 EDT 2008

Koen <k.vdh at solcon.nl> writes:

> We got 2 WS-C6504-E chassis both with 1 sup 7203CXL and 2
> WS-X6748-GE-TX and we see that the asic temperature is always higher
> then 40C which is the max operational temperature according to the
> docs.

The max operational temperature quoted in documentation is almost
always ambient (or inlet) temperature, not the temperature of any
particular hot spot on the board.  At 30c inlet, you're well within
spec.  Is there something you have read that leads you to believe
things are different in this case?  Can you point me there if so?

-r