[c-nsp] WCCP with a PIX-515 and CE-590, any config suggestions to make this play?

ghostonthewire ghostonthewire at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:20:51 EDT 2008

hi, Howard.

Howard Leadmon wrote:
> On the CE I have the following in the config:
> !
> http proxy incoming 80
> !
> wccp router-list 1 xx.xx.xx.xx     (xx is the IP address of the PIX)
> wccp web-cache router-list-num 1
> wccp version 2
> !
>

> On the PIX I have the following.
>
> !
> wccp web-cache
> wccp interface LAN web-cache redirect in
> !
>

> Where of course LAN is my inside interface on my network.
>
> Maybe I am missing something, but from all I can find, making the two talk
> WCCP to each other to cache web requests looks like it should be that
> simple.   As I am not having much luck, I figured I'd see if anyone here has
> worked with this combination before, and what you did to get it all going..

I do not have hands on expirience on proprietary caching engines. I'm
happy with Squid + PIX 8.x. But, definitialy you miss

wccp web-cache redirect-list webcache_redirect group-list webcache_group

statement, where webcache_redirect -- source addresses you wanna perform
caching for, and webcache_group lists your cache engines.