[c-nsp] GPON

Andrey Oleinik Andrey_Oleinik at bms-consulting.com
Mon Jul 14 02:20:20 EDT 2008

Aha. GPON requires ONT installed at the downside of the PON ray. ONT itself can host different interfaces (and provide corresponding services). NOTE: having GPON be able to transport 802.1q and sometimes even Q-in-Q transport someone could select end up ONT's Ethernet interface with switch instead of single PC (or SOHO LAN facility).
That's why GPON is very flexible technology in access areas. Personally me faced this Q when my company was deciding how to use GPON providing services in MDU (multi dwell units) here U have an option to start from single PC and grow to multi access-switch environment.

--
Respect,  Andy Oleynik
Telecom Dpt Chief