[c-nsp] 2621xm vs 1800?

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jul 15 11:19:01 EDT 2008

Hi there...

We have some remote sites with 2621XM's running today.  These routers are
doing PPPOE termination primarily for 40-60 users.  The 2621XM is handling
the load just fine however we've been having random problems with them
lately and wanted to swap out the 2621XM for a different, more current model
to see if the problem goes away (traffic just stops passing on the FE
interfaces after a few weeks - tried multiple IOS versions - happening at
several sites).

My question is whether or not an 1841 would be a downgrade or an upgrade for
PPS and overall load?  Or should we just bite the bullet and get 2801's
instead?

Thanks,

Paul