[c-nsp] bandwidth points table (former Three STM-1 on one Cisco 7200vxr-npeG1)

Andrey Oleinik Andrey_Oleinik at bms-consulting.com
Wed Jul 16 08:43:37 EDT 2008

Gentlemen,
Saying about Cisco it's very new and interesting matrices for me (I mean bus/interface bandwidth points).
Is this info available publicly?
Thank U
--
Respect,  Andy Oleynik

andyo> > Is it recommended to run three STM-1 (PA-POS-1OC3)  on a single
andyo> > Cisco700vxr with NPE-G1 ?
andyo>
andyo> Technically, it is supported, as each of the two buses have 600
andyo> bandwidth points, with an STM-1 interface taking up 300. Question
andyo> is
andyo> whether it might be recommendable to get a second router for
andyo> redundancy
andyo> reasons, e.g. if you are terminating several uplinks with that one
andyo> router. If so, I'd advise against doing it all on one router ...