[c-nsp] NAT and hairpin's

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Jul 17 02:58:05 EDT 2008

IOS nat code will rewrite the DNS query if the DNS server is
on the outside and the clients are on the inside, so that the
clients get the internal number, not the external number.

The only caveat is that you have to statically map an
outside IP number to the inside IP number, you can't port
forward off an overloaded outside interface and have the
DNS magic work.

Ted