[c-nsp] Can an AS5350 route ISDN calls to ISDN?

Andreas Sikkema ASikkema at office.unet.nl
Fri Jul 18 07:28:18 EDT 2008

Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote on 16-07-2008 18:21:50:

> Andreas Sikkema wrote:
>
> > We're using a Cisco AS5350 as a SIP <-> ISDN PRI gateway. Normally we
> > route calls from the incoming ISDN line to a SIP server (and vice
versa).
> > Currently we're wondering if we can route calls coming in from a
specific
> > ISDN line to another ISDN line directly without having to go through a
SIP
> > server.
>
> The answer is yes.

Cool! So I just match the incoming calls from a specific ISDN interface
and send them out through another. Are there any caveats I should know? I
can't match specific dialled or dialling numbers, currently there's over
2000 DID's in use on these lines.

> What it *cannot* do is hairpin VoIP calls (in VoIP, out VoIP).  But it
> can cross-connect TDM.

Oh, that's no problem, I only want to hairpin TDM.

Thanks!

--
Andreas Sikkema