[c-nsp] Help with multilink ppp, routing not working correctly..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sat Jul 19 17:44:29 EDT 2008

    Hello Gert,

 Thanks for the reply.  To answer your questions, yes I have ip routing on
the router, as all the other stuff is working.  As to the IOS version on the
RSM, it's:

IOS (tm) C5RSM Software (C5RSM-IK9O3SV-M), Version 12.2(46a), RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)

 Also as a follow-up on the situation, I tore down the Multilink bundle, and
took a single T1, and put it loaded the /30 that was on the Multilink
interface on it.  When I did that the single T1 line came up, and routed
perfectly.  So it's very much (be it a bug, or whatever) an issue with using
Multilink.

Just for info sake, the IOS on the 6509 is:

IOS (tm) s222_rp Software (s222_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version
12.2(18)SXF14, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

 I was going to just use CEF with per-packet across the lines to give them
full utilization, but on the FlexWan controller, when I go into the
interface config's and try and set that up, apparently the ONLY option is
per-destination.  This is the older FlexWan board, so it's a WS-X6182-2PA
card.  Do you or heck does anyone know if I replaced the controller with a
6582 would I be able to use per-packet on that?

Amazing this lil shared T1 project has been such a pain in my side, but
guess some days ya just can't win!

---
Howard Leadmon