[c-nsp] Help with multilink ppp, routing not working correctly..

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Jul 20 01:29:57 EDT 2008

Howard Leadmon wrote:
>    Hello Seth,
>
>  I actually was digging in the command ref and saw that option, and tried
> it, didn't seem to change the routing.  I didn't actually shut the
> interface, maybe I need to do that.   I am not sure if that /32 route is
> even a problem, just that I did notice it happened I the multilink config,
> but not when I just used a standard PtoP T1 link.  Thanks for the suggestion
> though..

Yeah, you have to do a shut/no shut before it'll take effect. It should
remove that /32 from the routing table. I had a problem similar to yours
bringing up a multilink T1 to Sprint for a client, and 'no peer
neighbor-route' was the solution in my case. However, your case seems
exceptionally odd, because it should just work. =)

~Seth