[c-nsp] 7600 vs MX experience?

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Tue Jul 22 17:29:54 EDT 2008

> But, what can folks tell me about shared support in general?
> I always thought it was Smartnet or nothing hence why I'm
> asking... is this "3rd party Cisco support" that I've seen
> advertised a few times?

Shared Support is a service that Cisco sels to a tier 1 partner,
and that partner then sells some service to the customer (that
service must not be branded 'Cisco shared support'). The partner
in all practical sense functions as the TAC and RMA department
for the customer. (The customer, for example, cannot open a TAC
case with Cisco directly).

Cisco Shared Support is obviously much cheaper for the partner
to buy from Cisco than SMARTnet (since they have to do much of
the work themselves), but whether the customer is getting cheaper
(and/or better!) service, varies with the partner.

-A
(Who works for a small tier 1 Cisco partner in Denmark)