[c-nsp] OT: Ethernet over DS3 or OC3 bridge

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Jul 25 19:32:29 EDT 2008

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Ethernet to DS3 or OC3 bridge?  I
need multiple DS3 support for the longer-term but a single DS3 would
work.  I was looking at the Overture ISG 45 but it appears to only
support a single DS3.

http://www.overturenetworks.com/products/isg_45.htm

I couldn't find a DS3 bridge for RAD but I think the Optimux-155 is a
OC3 bridge.

Basically I need an inexpensive way to transport Ethernet over TDM links
for an Ethernet venture.  Our transport provider can't do Ethernet at
this point in time and they've suggested DS3 in the mean time.  DS3
interfaces are very expensive for 7200s.  I'm thinking a lower cost DS3
to Ethernet bridge of some sort.  Suggestions?

Thanks
  Justin