[c-nsp] mpls option A with LAC and LNS

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Mon Jul 28 05:56:18 EDT 2008

If you are really desperate there is "VRF source selection"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/vrfselec.html

But this is rather insecure as it uses the IP address to decide which
VRF to use, users can spoof IPs and inject traffic into another VRF
unless the access provider is doing uRPF when the users are terminated.

Another solution may be to create a tunnel from the user's CPE to your
kit and drop the tunnel into a VRF at your headend.
You can, for example use Client initiated l2tp + radius
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t2/feature/guide/gtvoltun.html)
or just plain old GRE (with appropriate security)

The tunneling solutions will of course reduce your client's payload size
and hence throughput will be affected.

Dave.