[c-nsp] Giving customers access to your gear.

troy at i2bnetworks.com troy at i2bnetworks.com
Wed Jun 4 02:16:07 EDT 2008

I know that we have come across this a few times. Here is what we have in
place (policy wise) for these kind of customers.

1) If the router is owned by us, the customer does not get the passwords
or SNMP strings. Should the customer want to purchase said router from us,
we are more than happy to turn it over to them.

2) If the customer wants to provide a their own router, they may do so and
eliminate this issue. Basic configs are provided and any support beyond
that is billed at $150 per hour, minimum 1 hour.

Both 1 and 2 do have stipulations. If you are given access to the router
or if you supply your own router, you will be given basic config
information. Should you lock yourself out of or render the router useless,
we will bill you for a truck roll, time on site and if needed, replacement
parts/hardware at a rate of $150 per hour. Minimum 1 hour + truck roll of
$150.

We don't give out any information to hardware that serves multiple
customers for any reason.

Hope this is helpful.

-Troy