[c-nsp] Giving customers access to your gear.

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 05:05:45 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM, Richey <mylists at battleop.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.  I am getting the feeling that after talking to our
> sales guy who is dealing with them that they want to second guess everything
> I am doing because we are a small ISP and not the big billion dollar a year
> ISP of their choice.

Hi,

Do take into account the possibility that obtaining the configuration
of your CPE routers is just the first step to replacing them with CPE
routers from another ISP.

If that is it I'd actually recommend letting them go with the minimum
of fuss. I've had big clients (like $100,000/year in profits) come
back or recommend same-size friends of theirs to come to me because I
didn't make a mess of their transition to another ISP. That of course
doesn't mean giving them information that could be used against you
later or information that the client shouldn't need to know . . .

--
HTH
Nahan