[c-nsp] bgp router

Rossella Mariotti-Jones rossella at chemeketa.edu
Wed Jun 4 11:36:00 EDT 2008

Hello all, we're looking to buy a router on which to run BGP that can
take full BGP routes, I know all Cisco routers (1800 up) with Advanced
IP services IOS will do BGP and I've been told that if we max out the
memory we'll be fine with any router. We're going to need some ports (up
to 24) in this router. We're looking at a 7604 with sup720-3b and 1gb of
memory, a 2821 or 2851 with an nme and 1gb of memory, or another
possibility is the ASR platform, but I haven't looked into this well
yet. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

***
Rossella Mariotti-Jones
rossella at chemeketa.edu

Network Analyst, SS - SPIR - IT TAC
desk 503-589-7775 - cell 503-480-4255

**** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION  **** This electronic
transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  The information is
intended only for use by the recipient named above.  If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and
delete the electronic message.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the contents of information received in error is strictly
prohibited.