[c-nsp] BGP network stops being advertized

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jun 5 13:38:05 EDT 2008

Running 12.2(33)SXH on sup 7203CXL in 6500

I have 3 full BGP peers and I am announcing  our internal nets which
include 128.112.0.0.

The BGP statement has the net...
network 128.112.0.0

For some unknown reason we stop announcing the 128.112.0.0/16 to all
our ISPs.  This is the second time it has happened in about 2 months.

To get things going again I have to remove the BGP "network
128.112.0.0" statement and just add it again.

Has anyone seen this issue or know what might cause it?

I will be looking at the bug list and any caveats for the newer
12.2(33)H2a release, but I wanted to get this out to the list first.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University