[c-nsp] 12.2SXH 'archive' / Configuration Management

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sun Jun 8 11:38:23 EDT 2008

On Sun Jun 08, 2008 at 04:14:33PM +0100, Alex Howells wrote:
> That template makes fairly extensive use of the 'archive' command but
> some older IOS doesn't include that functionality; I've also seen/heard
> RANCID being deployed and would like something which "Just works".

RANCID "just works". Won't catch *every* change, as it's a polling based
system, but I've never had a problem with it.

If you want to capture every change that's made, consider TACACS - you'll
probably want that anyway for individual logins to routers...

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *