[c-nsp] 12.2SXH 'archive' / Configuration Management

Joe Provo jzp-cnsp at rsuc.gweep.net
Mon Jun 9 08:02:49 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 04:38:23PM +0100, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> On Sun Jun 08, 2008 at 04:14:33PM +0100, Alex Howells wrote:
> > That template makes fairly extensive use of the 'archive' command but
> > some older IOS doesn't include that functionality; I've also seen/heard
> > RANCID being deployed and would like something which "Just works".
>
> RANCID "just works". Won't catch *every* change, as it's a polling based
> system, but I've never had a problem with it.

For those who wish to trigger a RANCID run for every change,
SEC-based syslog triggers are easy (provided your syslog & rancid
hosts can talk!) and I know some folks trigger based on snmp traps
(again, assuming the traphost and rancid host can talk).  A visit
to rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net might be in order to go further
down that route. :-)

Cheers,

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE