[c-nsp] Aggregation for multiple ISDN customers

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Mon Jun 9 15:14:21 EDT 2008

It depends on how many customers you have that you'll use ISDN for. Since
you stated a T1 is too expensive for the customer loop, I'm going to assume
you're refering to a BRI at the customer premise.

Since ISDN is a switched solution, the customer's equipment will need to be
configured to 'call' yours. You'll need some type of access server
(as5300/5350/5400) with (a) PRI line(s) from your carrier to terminate the
calls.

You could also use BRI lines at your site, but you'd have to manage multiple
modems/lines/numbers/etc. It's just cleaner to use an access server.

Joe