[c-nsp] Best way to filter local traffic from Internet traffic

Wink dwinkworth at wi.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 18:25:40 EDT 2008

If

(a) both their 10mbps and 100/1000mbps link are terminating on the same
router

and

(b) "Local customers" means your directly attached customers

then

(1) you can you can influence traffic inbound to you (from the customer)
with AS-path manipulation.  Pretty standard, does not require customer
involvement.
(2) you can policy route traffic from you to the customer based on
source IP.  Mainly anything originating in your block can be sent down
the 100/1000 pipe.  Everything else will go down the 10mbps pipe.