[c-nsp] CBWFQ/PQ Support on 6500/SUP720-3BXL

David Granzer dgranzer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:36:32 EDT 2008

Hello,

n 6/11/08, Zahid Hassan <zhassan at gmx.net> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

>  I have a requirement to implement CBWFQ/LLQ matching
>  on EXP bits on a 6500 with SUP720-3BXL.
>
>  Since the "priority" command is not supported within a policy-map,
>  I am wondering if this can be achieved using "wrr-queues".
>
>  This is the failure message when I apply the service-policy:
>
>  6500(config-if)#service-policy input CORE-THREE-CLASS
>  priority command is not supported in input direction
>  for this interface configuration failed!

above you try using priority in ingress direction which is not
supported generally. Second problem in your case will be that
6500/7600 LAN cards does not support CBWFQ like 7200/7301 etc. You
must use L2 QoS, see  "Quality of Service on Cisco Catalyst 6500"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_white_paper0900aecd803e5269.html

David