[c-nsp] BGP

Jason Berenson jason at pins.net
Fri Jun 13 11:19:28 EDT 2008

Greetings,

The network I'm working on looks like this:

Customer:

 192.168.101.0/24       ethernet           192.168.11.0/24
2600 -----------------------------------1721
|   data                                                        | voice
| 3 t1 mlppp                                                |  2 t1 mlppp
edge router A---------------------------edge router B

What I want to do is run a BGP mesh here for redundancy.  I would like
traffic on the data T1s to flow there and the voice traffic to flow on
the voice T1s until one side fails (router or T1 failure).  At which
point traffic should obviously move over to the other router.  I'm using
VLANs and HSRP on the customer facing side for failover but I'm not sure
how to make the voice traffic go over the two voice T1s and the data go
over the 3 data T1s.

I think I need to use route-maps with metric and local-preference but
can anyone give me an example of what the the config would look like?

Thanks,
Jason