[c-nsp] eBGP via loopback

Ibrahim Abo Zaid ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:44:07 EDT 2008

also i want to draw attention that when establishing eBGP over loopback it
will need ebgp multihop to be configured as well because the default TTL
over directly connected interfaces is 1 and in case of loopback it is
reachable over just single hop

some IOS version defaults multihop to 255 so the neighbor loopback can be
reachable by any route not just the directly connected link which causes
sub-optimal or routing loops

so you need to configure ebgp multihop x where x is the actual IP hops to
the neighbor

best regards
--Ibrahim