[c-nsp] GLX-BX-D/U SFPs in 7201s

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Jun 13 17:04:06 EDT 2008

The data sheet for the 7201 doesn't list support for the single-strand
SMF SFPs.  It only lists support for the DOM-enabled SFPs
(SFP-GE-S/L/T/ZX) and not the older SFPs (GLC-T/SX/LH/SX/BX).  Is it
safe to assume that the GLC-BX SFPs would work in the 7201?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps341/ps7253/product_data_sheet0900aecd80630b58.html

Is there a DOM-enabled single-strand Cisco SFP that it's listed on the
website?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6577/product_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

Is there a 7200-equivalent command to "sh interfaces transceiver
supported-list"?

On an interesting side note I just noticed that only the GLX-BX-D is
supported in our 7600s.  Could that possibly be correct?

# sh interfaces transceiver supported-list | i BX
    GIgE BX U SFP            NONE
    GigE BX D SFP            ALL

Curious...

Thanks