[c-nsp] 7200s (VXRs and not) and MPLS capabilities

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jun 14 00:48:04 EDT 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Paolo Lucente wrote:

> Full featured QoS is there. IHMO, there is
> an interesting option of running the 12.2SR train onto
> it.

Yeah, but be careful if you're looking at SRC.

While comprehensive, it's riddled with bugs left, right and
centre.

We've tried it in some parts of the network - it works fine
if you keep things simple. But with a bit of complexity
(features), all sorts of nasties begin to unravel.

Needless to say, SRC1 fixes quite a number of bugs; but
would recommend you test that all your features work
correctly before deploying, if you are interested in this
particular release.

Having said that, once it settles down, I think SRC (and
later) promises to be quite exciting for service providers.

Cheers,

Mark.